Madeleine Sullivan, RCC
Madeleine Sullivan is an experienced registered Clinical Counsellor in Oak Bay, BC . Her area also covers the lower mainland including Sidney, Sooke, Colwood and Langford. Madeleine offers a calm, welcoming, non-judgmental approach to any issue or barrier you may be facing. She specializes in counselling couples, individuals and families.
Madeleine uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy , Solution-Focused Therapy, mindfulness and couples therapy. She has the following qualifications:
- Masters of Counselling Psychology, University of Victoria
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Victoria
- Family Justice Counsellor, Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Grief and Bereavement, Hospice Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Couples Counselling, Citizen’s Counselling Centre
Her counselling experience is broad and includes the following:
- stress and anxiety,
- separation and divorce,
- parenting after separation and divorce
- substance use issues.
- Mood Disorders
- Concurrent disorders
- Grief and loss issues
- Conflict resolution
- Family mediation
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Child protection
- Racial and social diversity issues
- First Nation’s systemic and residential school trans-generational trauma
- Facilitating psycho-educational therapy groups for anger, self-esteem, and shame resilience issues, as well as a group for parents going through separation and divorce
Madeleine will see clients in her office, but also uses secure e-counselling methods and phone. Madeleine is also able to meet you in your preferred location such as a coffee shop or during a nature walk.