Waypoint Counselling Network now offers in-person counselling, in addition to appointments by phone or video. This is in response to BC’s Restart Plan, released on May 6, 2020. Because of the collective action of all of us, BC has successfully flattened the curve. Our province has the lowest mortality rate of any jurisdiction with a population of more than 5 million people in Canada, the United States and western Europe.
The Waypoint Counselling Team is dedicated to protecting the health of clients and counsellors which is why we have developed this safety plan: .
- A distance of 2 meters is maintained between the counsellor and the client. If this is not possible, a plexiglass barrier is used.
- Not seeing clients in person when they or the client have cold or flu symptoms. Clients must cancel or reschedule their appointment if they or a household member begins to develop symptoms. In these circumstances, there is no charge when less than 24 hours notice is provided.
- In-person appointments are staggered to allow thorough sanitizing of surfaces between appointments and to minimize contact with others
- Hand washing facilities or hand sanitizer is available for clients to use upon entry to the office;
- Regular hand washing and avoiding face touching
- Covering the mouth and nose with the crease of the elbow or with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing
- No handshaking
- Where possible, conducting in-person meetings in an outside space such as a private garden or patio
We have heard from clients who have chosen to hold off seeing a counsellor in-person until the reassurance was given by health officials that it is safe to do so. With the hard work of everyone, we are now able to once again have those office meetings. That said, other people may choose to continue having counselling over the phone or by video. That is a personal choice and those options are always available. Either way, our counsellors are here to support you, no matter what issue you are facing.
Contact us if you would like help deciding which counsellor to see. This support is complimentary, as is the initial consultation to meet a counsellor to see if the “fit” is right.
We are always here for you – in our offices, over the phone, or by video.