Beginning today, British Columbians will no longer be required to wear masks in low-risk, indoor…
Waypoint Counselling Network offers in-person counselling, in addition to appointments by phone or video. The Waypoint Counselling Team is dedicated to protecting the health of clients and counsellors which is why we have developed this safety plan: .
- 2 hours before all in-person visits, clients are sent a “wellness check” via email to make sure they are well enough to be attending the session.
- A distance of 2 meters is maintained between the counsellor and the client.
- Not seeing clients in person whenever the counsellor or the client has cold or flu symptoms. Clients must cancel or reschedule their appointment if they or a household member begins to develop symptoms. In these circumstances, there is no charge when less than 24 hours notice is provided.
- In-person appointments are staggered to allow thorough sanitizing of surfaces between appointments and to minimize contact with others
- Hand washing facilities or hand sanitizer is available for clients to use upon entry to the office
- Regular hand washing and avoiding face touching
- Covering the mouth and nose with the crease of the elbow or with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing
- No handshaking
- Where possible, conducting in-person meetings in an outside space such as a private garden or patio
Some clients may choose to have counselling over the phone or by video. That is a personal choice and those options are always available. Either way, our counsellors are here to support you, no matter what issue you are facing.
Contact us if you would like help deciding which counsellor to see. This support is complimentary, as is the initial consultation to meet a counsellor to see if the “fit” is right.
We are always here for you – in our offices, over the phone, or by video.